Thursday, September 8, 2011

A little of this, a little of that...

So, it's been rather crazy around here lately.  My hubby has been SUPER busy (he works with a high school drumline and is a part time instructor at the local community college), so we honestly don't see him very much.  I've been doing quite a bit of subbing at the school I student taught at.  With working between the two of us and taking care of the kiddos, everyone is rather worn out.  *And to think it's only been almost 4 weeks of this...who knows how we'll be in another 4 weeks!*

I've been enjoying taking G-man to school in the mornings...especially on the mornings when it's not so RIDICULOUSLY hot!!!  After we drop him off, Cameron and I go on a walk (that is, when I'm not subbing).  Those morning walks are super nice when it's not too hot.  We enjoy our time together.  I found myself the other day, though, resorting back to some childish behavior.  I sometimes went out of my way to step on an overly crunchy looking leaf....or to roll C's stroller over said leaf.  Little things like that make me happy. :)

This week, though, I haven't gotten the opportunity to take my morning walks with Cameron....and I haven't had the time to chase around the crunchy leaves.  I've been subbing all week.  Don't get me wrong...I LOVE subbing.  It's nice to have the flexibility with my schedule if my kids are sick or if there's a doctor's appointment.  But I do get so many ideas for the future classroom I will hopefully have, I get to learn new things to do in the aforementioned classroom, and I get to make wonderful contacts and work with great friends.  But the thing I don't like is that it is not MY classroom.  I've been waiting for years, now, to have my OWN classroom.  There are boxes upon boxes upon bags upon various miscellaneous items scattered around our basement and home that attest to me not having my own classroom.  I know it really does bother my husband that I have so much stuff for my future classroom.  He gets annoyed by the amount of space my things take up.  I don't blame him.  I get kind of annoyed by the fact that it's all still sitting down there.  I've had boxes of teaching stuff since I started college!!

I know that God has a plan for me.  I know that He has the perfect plan and the perfect place that I should be.  But I must admit.....the whole being patient part is giving me some trouble.  Lots of trouble, in fact.  It's hard not to worry since my certification expires in May of 2013 and we can't afford for me to even try to go back to get my Masters until I am working in a district in my own classroom.

It's hard not to worry about our finances since, let's face it, we're technically poor.  We don't go out to eat.  We watch our spending very carefully.  We don't go on vacation.  We don't pay for daycare or babysitting because we can't afford it....we have WONDERFUL family members who understand and help and love our children and us.  Despite all of this, our children don't want for anything.  There is always food on the table, clothes on their backs, a roof over their heads, and more love in the world for them.  I know Matthew and I have some very sleepless nights a lot of the time because of the stress of our lives......but we're blessed.  I know that His blessings will continue to rain down upon us as long as we remain servants of Him.

If you haven't heard the song "Blessings" by Laura Story, listen to it.  I feel as though it's my anthem.  I know this was a bit of rant, but it's also a rave....a rave of the wonderful love and blessings that are bestowed on my little family by a loving Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment