Friday, February 24, 2012

Wedding Bells {were} Ringing!!

Almost 2 [count 'em, 2] months later and I'm finally posting about my little brother's wedding.  Lame on my part....what can I say, though.  Life happens!
The four "original" Rube's
Can I just start off by saying that I'm the luckiest gal in the world to have such an amazing family!!  My parents are, without a shadow of a doubt, the best ever.  (Now, I may not show it to them or say it near enough...but it's true.)  They do everything in their power to make sure my brother and I have the things that mean the most and that we need....as well as have the thing we want.  They want us to be happy...just as any parent wants for their child(ren) to be happy.
My parents
The best representation of my brother and me.  So happy this special moment was captured.
And my brother....yes, let's talk about him.  He's my best friend.  He's always always always been there for me. He's been my protector.  He's such an amazing uncle to my two little boys.  While Gabriel was little, he was for sure Gabriel's best friend, too.  They have such an incredible bond.  I am more proud of him than I feel I've ever expressed.
Love this guy!
I even get to include my sister in this!!  My little bro has married such an amazing woman.  She is the kindest, sweetest, most incredible woman.  She, along with my brother, loves my children [and spoils them....as any good aunt should do!]  She encourages me, prays for me, and lets me know she cares.  I am honored to call her my sister and friend.
Claire and me...finally have a sister!!!

{{{end sappiness.................for now}}

So, here's the scoop on the wedding.  Can we just start off with how GORGEOUS it was?!  *Not only was the weather outside incredible for it being the first weekend in January, but every detail of the wedding is so beautiful...from the rehearsal, to the pictures, to the ceremony, to the reception.*  Sheer perfection.  :)  We had a "family only" photo session at the church before pictures.  A&C did a first peek, we did family pictures, then we boarded the bus and headed to Grant's farm for wedding party pictures.  {{Huge shout out to Mike and Cara Daniel and Exquisite Images Photography for capturing the amazing and magical moments that day!!  So blessed to have them as such great friends!!}}  Came back to church for the ceremony (couldn't keep my eyes dry the whole time!!!!), did more pictures after the ceremony, then boarded the bus again to head to the reception where we all laughed, cried, ate, cried some more, and danced the night away!!
The happy couple!!!
The day was a beautiful celebration of God's love, the love of Adam and Claire, and the love of family.  I am truly blessed.
A new family portrait!!

Junior professor? :)  *Gabriel before the ceremony*

No comments:

Post a Comment