Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Lucky 7

My sweet little boy turned 7 today.  I'm finding it hard to believe that he has already been in my life for 7 years now.  I feel like only yesterday I was holding him for the first time, not sleeping for both of the nights I was in the hospital just because I was so happy to be seeing him face to face, coming home from the hospital and having my dad set us up in the recliner to *finally* sleep.  My little angel...my Gabriel.

What a road we've been down.  Me, a frightened 18-year-old senior in high school with this little bundle of joy, wondering what kind of mother I would make.  The ER visits because he wasn't breathing right or was breaking out to things only to find out he's got allergies and asthma.  The late nights doing homework and projects so I could finish college and provide for this little guy.  I wouldn't trade a second of any of it.

Happy Birthday to my Gabriel...the dinosaur LOVER!!!...the JETsetter (he's in the gifted program at school)...my book loving, puzzle doing, game playing, best big brother ever, AMAZING kid.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment