Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Journey continues...

I'm on day 18 of my diet.  Total weight lost: 14.5lbs!  Down 2 inches in my waist!  While I only have 5 more days left of the 500 calories, I would still like to lose another 5lbs.  *Which is possible. :)*  Then I move up to 1500 calories per day.

I started reading a book (I actually just stumbled upon it while looking for something else at Barnes and Noble) called French Women Don't Get Fat.  Well, I was intrigued by the book all because of the word "French".  So I went to the library to see if the book was there and, what do you know, it was!  Along with a COOKBOOK!!!!  The book (and cookbook) are both written by a woman born and raised in France who married an American man and now splits her time between the Mother Land (France, for those who aren't of my  mind) and America.  She noticed while she was an exchange student in America that the American way of eating is entirely unhealthy.  The way she was raised, you ate for pleasure, and you ate small portions, not the stuff-your-face-and-keep-refilling-your-plate-because-you-think-you-need-to way of eating Americans usually do.  Also, in Europe (especially France), they don't believe in "dieting".  *Especially the "going cold turkey", counting calories, depriving yourself of things you enjoy kind of dieting..........basically what I'm doing.*  French men and women are taught from the beginning to have portion control.  They buy fresh and organic food daily....AND they WALK to get those fresh and organic things.  While the stereotype is that they eat bread and cheese ALL the time, the truth is that, yes, they do get bread every day.  That baguette that is bought in the morning lasts ALL DAY for the entire family.  And the cheese is real cheese, not the processed junk common in America.  They don't have to calorie count because they're not, like I've stated, stuffing they're faces and eating processed food that does nothing but add inches and pounds.  Fresh food, smaller portions, exercise.

Sounds simple enough and is something people have said before.  I'm glad I'm doing the HCG...a nice jump start to weight loss.  But once this is done, I will be embracing the French woman in me even more and apply the French Women Don't Get Fat philosophy to my life.

Vive la France!

No comments:

Post a Comment