Friday, November 25, 2011

The (terrible) Twos

While I'm a couple of days late, I did want to post about Cameron's second birthday.  He turned two on Wednesday...in the midst of family photos, making Sesame Street cake pops, Thanksgiving, two birthday parties, and attempting to get the newly crowned "big boy" into his big boy bed, we're all exhausted!

I don't know why I'm so shocked at how fast the past 2 years have gone..........but I am.  I feel like only yesterday we were not sleeping in the hospital (no really, it does feel like yesterday...seeing as we're not sleeping yet tonight....).  Our little turkey came home the day before Thanksgiving two years ago...and he's still a turkey!

He's such a big boy already!!  Counting (to 10), saying his ABCs, knowing body parts, acting out different emotions, **attempting** sleep in his big boy bed.....it's going too fast!  I want time to slow down a little bit so I can enjoy every moment.  Okay, not every moment...he is rather infuriating from time to time (that high-pitched scream is not cool!!!), and he pushes our buttons multiple times a day.  But we wouldn't trade him for anything.

Happy (belated) 2nd birthday, Cameron!  I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck, little (Mizzou) Tiger!!!
***Here's one of our family photos!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment